Saturday 29 August 2015

The Woman in Black 2 | Angel of Death (2014)


Director Tom Harper. 
Starring Helen McCrory as Jean Hogg, Jeremy Irvine as Harry Burnstow, and Phoebe Fox as Eve Parkins. 

This is, as obvious, the follow-up movie to Woman in Black starring Daniel Radcliffe. This happens some time in the future, during World War Two, where a woman named Eve accompanies several evacuees and a woman to Eel Marsh House where they'll be staying until it is safe to be moved somewhere else. They instantly become the target of Jeanette, The Woman in Black. Along with her, she brings the past of Eve and the child she is looking after, Edward (Oaklee Pendergast). 

Overall, I'd say this movie was disappointing because I was expecting a lot more. I'm really into ghosts and the overall paranormal genre, hence why most of the horror movies I watch are from that genre (and I'm even trying to write a book about it), but it was just...predictable. The whole Eve-and-Edward thing kind of caught me by surprise, but as far as plot goes, it wasn't that great. 

Nothing really scared me, there was no jumpscares and when I tried watching it a second time to write this review, I couldn't watch all of it. There was a lot more things I thought would be more interesting. Same as the first movie, it is very slow to get into it.

Not that it was all a fail. It did bring back the old story and I think it wove very well into the new story they created, and the acting wasn't half-bad. Also, no nudity or sex scenes, which always gains a movie an extra point from me!

Overall movie performance - 4/10
Would I watch it again? - Nope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment